Monday, December 31, 2012

Reflection on 2012


Wow, what a crazy year...there were lots of planned adventures as well as unplanned, some things I would love to make traditions, while others I want to leave in 2012, there were lots of ups and some downs, but overall there isn't much I'd change about this past year...it was amazing!

Klay and I got to cruise together for the first time and enjoy a relaxing trip with no plans...completely different from what we usually do.

We got to explore Europe with my parents, probably one of the best experiences yet! Loved doing this with them so much, there is nothing to describe how amazing that trip was!

We also bought a car and thankfully were able to pay cash for it! We got all the ceilings scraped in our house as well as all the walls, trim and windows painted...this has made our house look and smell like new!

Klay and I went on two trips to Florida, one to visit my Grandmother for her 80th Birthday and one to Seagrove Beach to hangout for the last time with just the two of us.

We found out this summer we are expecting our first child!!! So excited about that! Probably the best thing ever! I got to skip morning sickness and had a great start to my pregnancy...however now that I am near the end of my pregnancy I have been on bed rest and when it's all said and done probably will have spent at least 12wks on bed rest. With that however God has taught me how much I have to rely on Him. He also has taught me how much is out of my control and that I need to learn to patient and to let things go. I also have felt an amazing peace I have never felt as well as contentment with where I am. He has shown me how much He and others love me and how amazing the people he has put in my life are...it has been very humbling. I had really wanted to experience God in a big way this year, and I truly have through all of this.

I know there is so much more that happened this year, but for now that's what has really stuck out. I can't even begin to say how excited I am about next year because Klay and I will officially be parents! We are beyond excited to experience this new adventure together!


No comments:

Post a Comment